My Journey in SD Muhammadiyah Pakem 💖

First Week: Welcoming Program and Class Observation💖

Day 7 January 16, 2019 (Wednesday)

It was 16th day of January 2019 at 8 o'clock in the morning when the school head conducted a welcoming program for all the batch 7 Sea Teachers who were assigned to teach in this school. We were all six, four from Philippines and two from Thailand. I was very excited to meet my students during this time. My first impression to the Indonesian teachers especially the school principal were very strict and unapproachable but I was wrong. They are very generous, hospitable and approachable.

Day 8 & 9: Class Observation💕

This was my first day of meeting my students but it looks in the picture like we're already closed. I like them because they have pleasing personality that could keep your heart soft and being touched. They are very sweet, respectful, cheerful and friendly. I observed their English classes with their teacher Mr. Sapto. I observed that the teacher used deductive method as his teaching strategy. It is teacher-centered strategy yet the students still active in class. Students are active during the discussion process.

Second Week: Teaching Demonstration 🙋‍♀️

Actually, this was my first time teaching in the actual scenario that's why I felt nervous but I let my confidence fought for it. I was well-prepared on that day but quite unproductive because my students showed less interaction on the class for they could not understand English. In short, we could not understand with each other, they could not speak also using English language. I was struggling on that day but for that experienced I've learned something that's why on my next teaching demonstration I provided translation. I translated everything in Bahasa Indonesia but still I taught them how to speak English and understand such basic words for they are still beginners for learning much.

Third Week: My Final Teaching Demonstration

I was very happy on my final teaching demonstration and I highly appreciated it because I successfully done my final teaching demo with the active participation of my students. I used inductive teaching strategy, a student-centered strategy for better involvement of my students. I conducted educational games and energizer which are related to the topic to avoid boredom. I think my teaching strategy and method being applied were effective because I've noticed that they are really enjoying and had fun. They are very interactive during the teaching-learning process.

My grade 2 students with my cooperating teacher


This is my English cooperating teacher, Mr. Sapto Hadi


Every Friday, they should wear batik dress and so I wore batik dress too.

NEXT POST: My Memorable Excursions (field trips)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Jogja, Indonesia 💖

Farewell Ceremonies😥😭

Universitas Islam Indonesia💖