Welcome to Jogja, Indonesia ๐Ÿ’–


Welcome to Jogja, Indonesia ๐Ÿ’–


Yogyakarta is a special region in Indonesia, people usually called it “Jogja” for short. It is very wonderful place and well known for its beautiful tourist spots. You can discover many things in Jogja like the eye-catching white sand beaches, jaw-dropping Merapi volcano, thousands of forest, palace, their eco-friendly environment and most especially the famous and beautiful Prambanan and Borobudur temple. They are also known for its batik products and daily transportation which they often called “becak” and “kalesa”. Not only the attractive spots you can discover in this place but also their friendly culture and tradition. I was very impressed for the people there are very religious, committed to their duties and responsibilities, hospitable, generous, smiling, kind, caring, friendly, and approachable. I like them the way they socialize and interact with us foreigners that you can see the good manners inside their personality. Mostly, the people there are Muslims that’s why they are very sensitive and conservative. They respect us for who we are and treated us well as they treated their family and love ones. When it comes to their food, mostly native healthy and nutritious foods. They like vegetable, chicken and other spicy foods. Also, they used to eat spicy foods and indeed it is very delicious. In general, Jogjakarta is a wonderful place where you can gain such memorable and unforgettable experiences with friends.

Arrival: January 09, 2019 (Wednesday)

It was January 09, 2019 around 5:00 pm when I and my friends arrived in Jogjakarta, Indonesia. The one wearing brown winter jacket with small brown sling bag is me (Den Marie Toldo Calayag), next to me is Jhanna May Vitor Pascua (May) and the one wearing blue jacket with big white sling bag is Jeianella Kate Lopez Mordeno (Kate). The three of us came from the same university which is St. Paul University Surigao, Surigao City, Philippines and the same bachelor’s degree which is Bachelor of Elementary Education major in general education. The photo was taken outside the airport of Jogja (Adisutjipto International Airport) together with our buddies namely: Fitri Alfia (wearing white long sleeve on my left side), Vanny (next to Alfia and beside me), Nurdina (on my right side next to Kate), Ida (wearing pink long sleeve next to Nurdina) and Ardan (the only boy on my right side).

They fetched us at the airport and for us to get easily recognized them, they brought a sign which is the piece of bond paper labeled with “UII SEA TEACHER”. Afterwards, they brought us to the restaurant to have some dinner with these lovely buddies riding UII van. While riding, they offered us first a snack which they often called “Bakpia” and when I tasted it, I was speechless because that was the most delicious bakpia I ever tasted. While eating, we kept on talking, knowing each other, laughing as if we’re closed already๐Ÿ˜Š until we arrived in our destination.

Ayam Penyet Surabaya is the name of the restaurant and the last photo was the food we ate. I immediately ate my food and I was like ughhhhh! my face turned into red because of the spiciness and I did not know that it was spicy. To be honest, the food is very delicious but, in a fact that I’m not used to eat very spicy food so I didn’t finish it. Two hours ago, we went to our dormitory at Ersyadha 3 and had some orientation about the do’s and don’ts inside the dorm. An hour ago, we took some rest and slept.

This was a very tiring day because of our 2 days travel with four connecting flights. An experienced of having lack of sleep and starvation but all worth it because the UII family prepared such a great accommodation for us and I can really feel that I’m still in home. Despite of that exhausting experienced, I can say that I’m so lucky and grateful that I’m here in Jogja. The people of Indonesia are very hospitable, generous, friendly and caring especially our buddies and UII family who are involved in this project.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell Ceremonies๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Universitas Islam Indonesia๐Ÿ’–